Happy Friday! Today I’m joining my girl at Flavors of My Life and linking up with From My Grey Desk . Every week I read their positive High Five for Friday posts and think… I should do that. So, here’s my five things for this week…
1. Grammy and Grampy are here! Although they were just here last weekend for Avery’s 1st Birthday party, they’re back…with their dogs (who Avery loves!). We have a productive weekend planned of house projects: patching window trims, putting up curtains, getting a new rug, finding a home for all over Avery’s new toys, refurbishing radiator covers, … and more!
2. Comfy Heels! Amongst the celebration for Avery last weekend, my Mom gave me my birthday gift. Well, first Avery (Grammy) gave me a dirt devil – perfect for vacuuming up his post-meal messes. And my Mommy got me 3 new pairs of shoes! I was in heaven.. add them to the free pair I got from a coworker and the ones hubby got me.. that’s 5 pairs of shoes! Yippy! And the ones my Mom got me are ‘comfort’ heels… I’m wearing the black ones today…sooooo comfy!
3. Sophia is Coming! I am so excited. Vinay’s cousin Sophia is coming from California to visit. She’ll be with us Monday – Wednesday next week. So guess who’s playing hookey from work and daycare? Me & Avery! We have special plans to have Sophia take Avery’s 1-year photos. If you remember back, she took some AMAZING shots of Avery when we took our first trip to Cali.
4. Office Birthdays Ever since I threw my office mate a big surprise for her 50th birthday at work, birthdays have become kinda a big deal. We celebrated 3 birthdays in the office – just the past couple weeks. We go crazy – cake, balloons, flowers, and ICE CREAM! They really make the workday that much better and it really makes me appreciate how close-knit our department is.
5. Sleep! Now, I don’t want to jinx anything but Avery has slept thru the night THREE nights in a row. We started a new bedtime routine Monday night and Avery has quickly caught on. And oh man is it nice.
What’s your 5 this week?