Here we go again…! My dear friend, Elske, has nominated us for the One Lovely Blog Award!
Elkse Elske (who I keep forgetting if the s or k comes first in her name…) is across the pond in England. She blogs about being a ‘mum’ (so European!)… and I love checking in to see how she’s fairing with her little one, Elizabeth, who tends to share the same trouble with sleep as Avery does… good to know I’m not the only ‘Mum’ out there sleep deprived and up at 2am every morning…
Now down to business. As with our other blog awards, we must do our due diligence and follow thru with the ‘rules’:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and link back to their blog (Thanks, Elske)
- Tell others seven random things about yourself
- Nominate 15 other bloggers for the award.
It’s getting hard to think of random things about myself since I’ve had to share them for other blog awards here and here… so I left this one up to my husband (this is a very fun game to play for a couple! We had fun texting back and forth all morning about this).
Here are Seven Random Things About Me - from my Husband:
- You’re a Midget. What my loving husband means to say, is that I’m short. Only 5′-1 3/4″… the doctor wouldn’t even give me 5′-2″!
- Even though you get anxiety at heights, you went Skydiving. True story. I’m deathly afraid of heights AND I have really bad anxiety… so genius me went skydiving. Why!? Because we only live once – and it was a fun experience with a group of friends. I managed to jump out of a plane without freaking out – and it was awesome! How? I just had to stay calm and keep my mind somewhere else until the exact moment we jumped!
- You grew up in the Styx, but are very comfortable with urban life now. I was born and raised in a little down in Vermont… a town with more cows than people. I moved to Boston for college, and have lived here since. Vinay knows I’d LOVE for us to move back to Vermont, but the economy isn’t too appealing for us to find work up there… but I can dream!
- Our son (at 13 months) is half your height. I wonder how old he’ll be when he gets taller than me!?
- You steal the covers. I don’t mean to! I am usually the colder one though, so I need more covers!
- I’m better at Trivia than you are. Ugh I will never live that down. Vinay is referencing the night we met. Trivia night with mutual friends – We argued over an answer. The group went with my answer – which turned out WRONG and he was RIGHT.
- You suck at math and science. Not true! I may be a little rusty on my math, but sciences I have noooo clue about and when your hubby is in bio tech, you have to ask for the ‘dummy’ version of how his day went.
And the Nominees Are… (drum roll please!)
Run Around My Blog Rachel is a working mommy of one sweet little girl, an active runner, and goddess of laundry – she can plow thru 7+ loads in a weekend!
Chasing Fulfillment Adrianne takes the sweetest photos of her daughter – I love seeing what they’ve been up to – taking walks, playing with blocks, or spending a sick day at home.
Hand Crafted Pottery by Arryn documents original and gorgeous projects Arryn is working on and if you’re lucky, you’ll catch a photo of her adorable son, Noah.
Parenting is Funny If you’re looking for some good (parent) humor, stop by here!
Adventures in Remodeling Curt & Francia have a 1920s house like ours and just added a mudroom onto their akward entry (which we have too!) and I am totally jealous!
A Goode House Not only does Stacy have amazing style, but she leaves the sweetest comments on our blog!
Flavors of my Life I’ve recently joined Amanda in her ‘High Five for Friday’ posts. She’s always so positive…and she shares my love for nude shoes..what’s not to like?!
After the Kids Leave Karen and Wendy are two sisters blog about empty-nesting.
Sixtine and the Little Things Deb is having a giveaway on her blog today – check it out!
180 x 40 (OK now we’re getting into the really personal blogs… from my close friends and family) My cousin Eric is on a weight-loss journey… he’s already lost 20 pounds!
What do I Call This Thing? Mrs. K is a dear friend on the other side of the country… love catching up with her DIY and meal projects… and her adorable banter between her and Mr. K.
Two Ts. My cousin-in-law is sharing her journey through pregnancy…and now motherhood! She just had her little boy last night!
New Duds My cousins (same parents above) also blog about their clothing company.
I am so proud of myself for making that list… only recently I would have trouble thinking of 5 blogs to nominate for an award. I guess I’m getting the hang of this blogging thing…